[T2] wiring gremlins!!!!

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Sat Feb 1 12:23:58 MST 2014

78 auto tranny mostly stock

have been fighting a wiring gremlin since the first of the year,

. if I jump it between pos term of battery and plus of coil, fires right
up
. it will continue running normally after it starts if I remove jumper
and can drive it normally as long as it is not shut off

. even warm it will not start without jumper wire. doesn't even pop or try
to start, nada

. with or without jumper cranks normally and fuel pump runs with good
presure (possible hint, fuel pump runs when ever ignition is on??, know
that is not right??)

. everything checks out normal...
. all hoses and wires appear to be in correct position and tight.

have checked all the wiring, found a bad connector and replaced it but
didn't fix anything.

running out of places to look????

any ideas while I still have some hair left to pull out!?