[T2] Flywheel: Is There Some Trick?

Roger Lemberg phroggie at ieee.org
Wed Dec 10 06:39:39 MST 2014

As I understand it, to install a flywheel on a 70, I need to put it on, measure end play, take it off, install shims, measure again and possibly remove it and the previous steps until it’s correct. Then it needs to be removed again so the seal can be installed and then finally installed and the gland nut torqued.

Meanwhile, neither my old or new flywheel seem to fit on to the crankshaft. I’ve tried using the gland nut to force it on but it won’t go.

Am I missing something? Is there some trick? Shouldn’t it just slip on?

Peace,

Phroggie and Phrogbus
(70 Sportsmobile conversion)