[T2] [Q] Bus Stopped Running While Driving (David C Matthews)

David C Matthews dcm7293 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 12:51:07 MST 2014

Good news -- my '71 Westy is running again!  When I went out to check her
out again (battery had been on the charger), she cranked right up!

My theory about what is going on is that I have a short to ground somewhere
that is:

1. Keeping the battery drained
2. Preventing proper battery charging
3. (Sometimes) keeping the bus from being cranked
4. Making jumper cables overheat when trying that starting method

Given that using the turn signal makes the gas gauge read "0", there are
definitely some electrical issues going on...

Thoughts?

-David