[T2] Brake lights

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Mon Aug 4 10:58:56 MST 2014

Just wanted to update and get some more help - originally my bus would not
pass inspection because the brake lights did not seem to run on immediately
when you pressed the brakes. Like there was some delay - it was suggested
that the brake light switches were probably dirty. So I replaced both brake
light switches with new ones. I think the lights come on immediately now.

I have now noticed that the brake warning light on the dash - which lights
when the parking brake is pulled, has a faint glow -which I never noticed
before?

FYI - when I replaced the brake light switches I also replaced the turn
signal switch - as the flexible copper piece on it was worn through. I
noticed the new one seemed to have more wires on it than the original.  Not
sure if this could be related?

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy