[T2] westy ceiling ...

John Anderson wvukidsdoc at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 16:24:44 MST 2014

John,

Once about 8 years ago, I saw a very, very similar pattern of material in a commercial pull down cut to length blind that was actually available up to 72" width and was a more paper like, less slick vinyl material.  Pattern and color it was a ringer for the OEM stuff.  At the time I had just previously installed a similar (but not nearly as close) piece of slicker and finer textured vinyl blind material using the good real 3M headliner spray adhesive, and I stupidly did not purchase the closer match stuff when I saw it.  I've never seen it since, and I've looked at many a blind store.  I have seen similar material to the OEM in wallpapers over the years, but just 24" width there, so you'd have to seam the front bit.

My solution held up well for about 5 years, but eventually has begun to bubble, even with the good 3M adhesive.  Still presentable, but I'd love to find the stuff I saw back then.  I've met to have a look again at textured wallpaper as that might be the best option though, but wallpaper is so passé today, that might be getting hard to find as well in something close.

John