[T2] Fwd: Re: vacuum leak

Jack Dinan jdinan at cox.net
Wed Apr 2 12:59:19 MST 2014

Scott and others: Bingo. After trying three new metal gaskets, I made
a gasket out of a black gasket material that was in my stash.

I should have tested it first without sealant, but my patience is
running low. So i coated it with Hylomar.

No leak, as judged by the steady rpm when propane is directed to the flanges.
This is a huge step forward for this engine.

To explain why the carb on the right side does not leak with the
stock metal gasket and the one on the left does leak, well I'll leave
this for another day.

Many thanks for the interest.
jack