[T2] Removed Westfalia's plywood subfloor

David Kelly volknstein at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 19:54:16 MST 2013

Hello Jack,
I can speak to some of this. My cabinets were coming apart too. I dampened the joints with water, used 30 min Gorila glue and clamped them back together. Drilled and screwed the joints back together where they wouldn't show. Gorilla glue is great!  You can use lacquer thinner to clean up the foam over before it dries. As far as the T molding goes, pull it off, clean it up with lacquer thinner. Make sure the grove is cleaned out. Put a bead of gorilla glue in the grove. Immediately use a heat gun to heat up the T molding until it is like a wet noodle. Stretch it out a little and tap it back in place with a rubber mallet. It works great and will look as good as new.  No more gaps or waviness.

Rustoilem makes a 2 part water repellant in spray cans that would work great on the wood that has a possibility of getting wet. It dries flat clear so it is great for the inside of cabinets. I'm going to coat mine before they go back in.

As far as insulation goes, just make sure the metal underneath is rust proofed with POR15 or good metal with epoxy primer and a good quality paint.

David Kelly

Sent from my iPhone