[T2] US Highway 50, going East

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Fri Oct 18 17:20:37 MST 2013

well Buses by the Trax is held at the Brunswick Family Campground on the
Potomac river in Brunswick MD.
Route 50 thru DC is pretty rough, I divert at Winchester VA, take Rt 7 to
left on rt 340 thru Harpers Ferry WV, bear rt at 180 and then 478 along
the Potomac river direct into Brunswick MD,

on weekdays can take commuter train direct from Brunswick into DC, no one
who knows better drives in DC, take MARC train and then METRO while in DC.
  then East from Brunswick into Baltimore and take 3-301 South From
Baltimore to Virginia via the "nice" bridge (Harry Nice memorial bridge)
almost straight shot without traffic (well a lot less) than I-95 or rt 1
thru DC. AVOID DC BELTWAY at all costs.

PS from Parkersburg to Winchester rt 50 is beautiful, steep, lots of
curves and narrow  with trucks in places and can get early snow. figure
2-3gear the entire way.

have fun, am in AIRS list if you have problems in Baltimore area

  Bob.