[T2] High frequency point adjustment

Roger Lemberg phroggie at ieee.org
Fri Oct 18 16:41:16 MST 2013

Now that you mention it:

Going back to my parents' 69 bus when I was in high school and up until now on Phrogbus, it seems that within a very short interval after changing points, there would be "transfer" of metal from one face to the other. By that I mean that there would be a small crater on one face and a corresponding bump on the other. If just the very tip of the feeler gauge was inserted, it would show the correct adjustment but the bump would keep it from going through to do a proper adjustment. (Yes, I checked the polarity on the coil. And I changed condensers.)

It was on my todo list to ask the list about this.

"Was" since the vacuum advance on that dizzy leaks and it seems that there was no choice but to buy a Pertronix from Bus Depot.

So now my interest in this is academic, but I'd sure like closure.

Peace,
Phroggie and his Phrogbus
(1970 Sportsmobile conversion)
Northridge, CA