[T2] High frequency point adjustment

raceingcajun raceingcajun at communicomm.com
Fri Oct 18 04:39:04 MST 2013

Sounds like your distributor cam rough, or the contact lock down screw is
not holding. Also the distributor bushings could be worn. Take the cap off
and see if you can press the shaft back and forth. if you can move it much
at all it will affect the dwell and need the bushing replaced or a new
distributor. Also you should check to make sure the cam is not worn out.
Check with a dwell meter it should read 48' to 52', and be steady. If the
meter jumps to much the distributor is suspect.

Any good FLAPS should have distributor cam lube in a small tube, for a
couple bucks (a lifetime supply), put a small dab in the rubbing block of
the points. Don't use to much or it will get on the contact and burn the
points.

Now is a good time to lube the distributor itself. Pull the rotor and apply
a few drops of 3 in 1 oil on the wick under the rotor in the distributor
shaft.

Have a good one!

Howard

Subject: [T2] High frequency point adjustment