[T2] Kascade Kombis area back in the camping scene!

Stuart Zickefoose ess1board at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:04:48 MST 2013

Alrighty yall! Its time to bring the Kascade Kombis Tradition back, and I
feel like it is right up my alley to do so. The Wet Westies have gotten
close to the same effect with year round camping, but I have a very
deliberate goal, and I hope everyone who reads this will join me in helping
make it happen.
Years back, before I was part of the club, the Kombis were a Bus club. Most
of the members had busses. Lots of those, (I assume) were campers, as the
tradition (as I was told) was to camp as a club ONCE A MONTH. Rain or
shine. Get together and enjoy some club social time. Something beyond 2
hours a month over pizza in a warm and cozy back room….beyond 30 minutes in
a parking lot….beyond waiting for the shows to catch up and get to know
each other. What I would like to do is begin the monthly tradition of
camping somewhere, as a group, rain or shine, for at least one night.
Local, cheap to free, and no hotels allowed!
My first thought is that most of you would like electrical, or water, or
bathrooms….so to start the tradition strong, I think a state park would be
a good place to begin. Relatively cheap, and in the winter, the places are
practically deserted.  Deception Pass is the first one that comes to mind.
About an hour or so from Lynnwood, easy to find, and low cost, Plus,
spectacular scenery.
 Now, this doesn’t mean we should be exclusively Kascade Kombis, or
alternate with the wet westies….BUT I would like to see at least 2 other
busses owned by regular members of the club (Kombis specifically) at the
first camp out. (start small ;) )
The WetWesties tend to host a deception pass campout in January….and I am
going to use this as the first event. I will personally just be getting
back from mexico if plans work out so it will be the best I can do for
January.
Anyone interested in making this happen?

Lets get out and enjoy Washington a bit :)

Stuart
206 841 7324