[T2] Successful roadside accelerator cable replacement

Max Bronsema max.bronsema at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 23:35:44 MST 2013

I love the vice grips and string idea!  The string would certainly be more
difficult without the engine hatch.

During the replacement I did grease the cable lightly with multi-purpose
lithium grease and the rubber boot was still in place. The cable I replaced
certainly had grease on it, and it is at a minimum 7 years old. The new
cable I had as a spare is German so hopefully it makes it more than 100
miles.

Cheers,

Max
'71 Westy "KK-Louise" with a new accelerator cable.