[T2] travailing out to CA again & GPS systems

Tim Frank timros at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 23 03:28:43 MST 2013

> Hi Kevin

I use a Garmin Nuvi50.  5" screen with all sorts of options for
travel conditions, etc.  Never had it go out of range unless I take
it inside where it can't "see" the sky.
I was given a Navman for the work vehicle -- not in the same league
as the Garmin for usability. Plus the Garmin will turn itself off  as
soon as it loses power from the vehicle with the option to stay on if
you want to reset it while parked.
It also has a good internal battery life as well.

The Navman has to be turned off manually each time I get out of the
van or it flattens the internal battery which only seems to last for
about 30 minutes.

My 2 cents worth anyway

Tim & Ros
76 Poptop