[T2] travailing out to CA again & GPS systems

Mike Soultanian mike.soultanian at csulb.edu
Thu Jun 20 07:57:10 MST 2013

On 6/20/2013 7:51 AM, Mike Soultanian wrote:
> When you're done click the print button to the right of the "My Places"
> button and now you have your Googlized paper maps :)

and I forgot to mention, this will help you immensely because Google's
maps are updated with pretty much everything, so you can drag your route
near sites you want to see, avoid tolls, and instantly see how long a
particular route is going to take.  You'll probably want to drive 4-8
hrs per day, so you can use that as a rough estimate on how far you'll
make it in a day as well.  Having the ability to use the satellite view
is pretty handy, along with the "photos" option to see pictures taken by
other people and placed on the maps.

Lastly, you can save the map by clicking on the link button (to the
right of the print button and copying the URL or emailing it to yourself.

Enjoy!
Mike