[T2] travailing out to CA again & GPS systems

DurocShark durocshark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 08:06:54 MST 2013

I gave up on dedicated GPS's a long time ago. I use my phone exclusively.
Many apps offer an offline mode where the map is fully downloaded before
you leave, so a lack of cell signal is irrelevant.

And GPS is GPS. Whether phone or dedicated, the GPS signal is a satellite
signal. Most phones (even many old school flip phones) have a GPS receiver
built in.

I use an HTC 8x phone with its nice big screen, and my apps are either
Nokia Here Drive, or GPSTuner Turn by Turn. Depending on where I am, one
may work better than the other. An awesome feature of using a cell phone is
you can have multiple apps, and find one that works best for you. Either
free or a couple bucks, where a full GPS unit if you aren't happy, you have
to replace the whole thing.

*BUS CONTENT*

Neighbor has a gorgeous red and white early bay. In the craptacular
neighborhood, I can't believe it hasn't been stolen or vandalized yet. But
I drool every time I pass it.