[T2] curiouser and curiouser

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Wed Jun 5 14:09:01 MST 2013

the long running saga of the lousy gas mileage in my 78 auto tranny bus.

did a bit of a tune up today and dang near everything is right on the
money, the spark plugs with about 15k looked like perfect right gap and
the light grey color that shows all is well.  dist cap had a little dust
on the inside but that was about it.  new Bosch plugs came out of the box
from BD all a little tight so had to adjust those to .028.

the AFR guage is showing almost textbook readings, has decent pickup and
accelleration (sic) for a 4000lb auto tranny bus with 65hp.

so why oh why am I getting only 11mpg, only thing I can think of is heavy
bus and lots of stop and go city driving.  brakes wear out in the front
in about 12kmiles from all the stopping (and no they are not dragging I
have checked and rechecked)
   probably can't remember the last time it got to run for an hour non stop
at 50mph+   so that is the only thing I can think of...??

so the story continues