[T2] rust never sleeps

aroman4047 at aol.com aroman4047 at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 13:57:20 MST 2013

Yikes...rust in the front beam...But only on the driver's side. I've
hammered the passenger side and it appears to be quite
solid. The driver's side is another story...There's rust through at the
bottom (the area between the upper and lower beam)
Since it's out and on a coupla milk crates, my buddy will weld patches
over the holes, bridging to solid metal...
What worries me tho' is that thru the holes, I can see lots of internal
rust...Now before I patch the beam horns, what could
I use to seal this internal rust...Waxoyl...Bar and chain oil...A
phosphoric acid treatment followed by Rust Destroyer...?

BTW, there was a part number on this beam when I got it a few years
ago...All that's left is 90 or 06 ...

Tony in NJ
W.A.S.T.E.