[T2] First start up of rebuild

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:43:25 MST 2013

>On my '74 Westy 1.8 L, instead of loosening the rockers from the
>pushrods to let the motor spin quickly to develop oil pressue on
>first start on new rebuild, can I just take the spark plugs out and
>do the same, with coil disconnected, since I am just relieving
>'pressure' through a different aspect?  It would be a little harder
>on the 'starter/battery' ... but just thought 'sage' minds on list
>could point out the folly of this way.

	Not having done anything of this sort on any VW engine, I
will nevertheless take the gamble of endorsing the method Syd
suggests, which I have used on other engines.  I see nothing wrong
with it.
	And to guard against the ridicule that may pour in from those
who really know from VW experience how to recognise any folly in
this, I'll plead the feeble defence "it's still Friday in some part
of the world" <:-|

--
Robt Mann
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand