[T2] Rust, dirt, exhaust, and everything after

David Kelly volknstein at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 24 14:46:54 MST 2013

Some people place magical powers on stainless steel. It is softer than carbon steel and definitely has a reputation for galling. It will oxidize over time as well despite popular belief. It just doesn't  "rust. " It is still a good choice for the bolts here and I agree with James. Never Seize would work well. It is a water base lubricant with graphite. Grease works too, but if using copper nuts, make sure you have a jam nut and some lock or wavy washers. I had a muffler almost fall off once by using single copper nuts with no lock washers, and yes I did tighten them.

Cheers,
David

Sent from my iPhone