[T2] Engine stall... + trip report part I

jon scintilla_22 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 16:25:08 MST 2013

Hi Kevin,
     I didn't expect to hear that you went via Winters, not exactly on
the direct way from SFo to Truckee!  That is where I live in the winter,
on a walnut ranch near the hills.  Sean is my local "tame" parts guy,
although most in that FLAPS are pretty competent. Ag town, with lots of
DIY ranchers means they have to know more than tires and wax.  Fortunate
that you met him, as you said, a very nice guy. I know that fruit stand
real well, and the Mexican food cart as you enter town is one of the
best.  Its associated with a super restaurant-El Verduzco in Dixon,
another town nearby.  I assume you ate at the restaurant on Railroad
Ave, but actually the cart has better food, IMHO. The adobada is to die
for. Its a neat little town with great music, The Palms Playhouse, and
lots of community activities on main street Friday nights.  Really hot
in summer as you found out. 110F is "normal". Nothing cools down during
the day. Much more manageable for em in winter. When I drive up the
Sierras to the playa in late August, I don't start out until 10 pm, or
leave at 4am. Either way, I take it easy in the slow lane.  It was blast
to hear all the familiar bits from Winters. Good to hear you made it
home. jon