[T2] ignition switch removal, electric

Old Volks Home oldvolkshome at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 09:42:13 MST 2013

Bob is correct.  The pin will just slide into the empty slot of the
connector.  Never cut extra pins from the ignition switch, you could damage
it (I have).

The 111 953 631 Connector of the harness is designed to be used with
several pin configurations of the ignition switch, as examples shown:

111 905 865 L VW Mexico production switch has 4 pins for the VW Mexico
Market - it would work as well on the US market Bay, just without
connection to the Brake Warning Light to work.  Since I have gotten them in
Genuine VW Parts Bags, I guess quality is OK - I've installed a few in US
Market late 70s VWs without a problem to get people down the road.  It is
All White in appearance, like the Meyle Switch.

111 905 865 L was originally a 5 pin switch used on Late 74-79 Bugs, Ghias
and Buses

The 111 905 865 L 6 Pin Switch sold under that number by most Vendors is
actually superseded to 171 905 865 and is still sold by Volkswagen as such.
 The "OE" usually refers to that it is manufactured by Kostal for
Volkswagen and is Black and White plastic, not All White like the imitators.

--
Jim Thompson
84 GL 1.9 "Gloria"
oldvolkshome at gmail.com