[T2] ignition switch removal, electric

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Thu Jul 4 11:25:20 MST 2013

I've spent 20 years saying nasty things about the previous owner.

finally get to thank him, seems he must have had the ignition out at one
point and the shear bolt had alread been replace and just screwed out.

of course now I have the switch in hand and it is obvious where it failed
big time all melted etc.  but the replacement avaliable from Bus Depot has
6 pins, this one only has 5 ???? is it a replacement or does someone else
have the 5pin switch??

Bus Depot is closed today so can't call and ask, wasn't how I planned to
celebrate the 4th.

looking at this thing, I drove the van home with all electrics off but
engine and it got here, turned on the batteries (I had disconnected them)
and immediately smoke!!!!  WHOA  the spirits of Wolfsburg was riding with
me the other day.

thanks and happy 4th

Bob
and couple days late Canada day to our friends up north.