[T2] Rear Bumper Weld Nuts

Tim Shepherd forever-endeavor at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 31 12:11:17 MST 2013

Mike Howe wrote:
"Any ideas on repairing broken weld nuts for rear bumper attachment on 73+
bus?  Frame is closed in so no easy way to get nut in w/o cutting."
I had a similar problem on my '77. I used the big wing nuts that are on the hold downs for the removable rear seats. It's a bit of a fiddle to get them started, but once on, the "wings" will keep them from turning inside the frame as you tighten them down. Grease the threads well if you ever plan on removing them in the future.