[T2] hydraulic lifter bleeding

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Mon Dec 9 20:02:23 MST 2013

I have new hydraulic lifters in a new engine.. and I can't seem to get any
oil in them ..
In the past , I imersed them in oil, poked the check ball... reassembled,
and they would be rock hard, pumped up.

I really don't like the idea of trying to start the engine and let the oil
pump fill them... as the rockers have over 15mm lash with no oil in them..

these ones will not compress any where near enough to get a pin thru the
hole...
totally dry, spring removed from the inside,, and the interior is taller
than the location of the hole

they look just like these lifters...
http://images47.fotki.com/v1402/photos/5/545581/6976061/IMG_5289-vi.jpg
http://images47.fotki.com/v1399/photos/5/545581/6976061/IMG_5310-vi.jpg

and they overall seem to be about 5mm longer thant the OEM lifter..

any ideas?

Jamie