[T2] Key won't turn

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Thu Dec 5 21:45:45 MST 2013

Well thanks to you all for your support - and tons of thanks to ratwell.

I took the whole lock housing, wiper switch, ignition lock thing off, as per
http://ratwell.com/technical/SteeringColumn.html#lockhousing. As soon as I
took the ignition lock out, it seemed to almost fix itself. I didn't need to
dismantle the ignition lock itself.

When I put it back together, the key turned nicely. I took it apart again,
and added some graphite lube, then put everything back together. I ended up
replacing one of the washer fluid lines - I couldn't figure out how I got it
apart, so I needed to cut the line. Also the washer fluid thing did not hold
pressure, so I figured I may as well start replacing lines - maybe that will
help.

Bus is running again, and starts right up. I did notice that the turn signal
contraption with the thin copper is pretty worn. There is actually a hole
worn in the copper. I imagine that is not supposed to be there.

Another project for another day..

Thanks again.

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA