[T2] Has gauge

Dave Gillingham dave at coronado-realty.com
Mon Dec 2 14:28:30 MST 2013

Hi-

I thought I would comment on your post.  A number of years ago I replaced the sending unit in my 73 panel van with new.  It never worked.  After a couple of years of putting up with no gas gage, and at least two experiences with roadside service, I decided to investigate.  By removing the carbs from my engine I was able to access the gas tank and pull the sending unit.  I had planned to replace it with another unit, but I noticed a label on the side (that had survived at least two years of fuel immersion).  It was in a language I didn't recognize so I Googled it.  Turns out it said "remove before installation" in Portuguese! The label secured a pin that kept the float from moving during shipment.  Once removed the sending unit worked fine!

Dave Gillingham, Owner/Broker
Coronado Island Realty
www.coronado-realty.com
Office: 	619-435-0145