[T2] Bay bus's with CLK's

John Anderson wvukidsdoc at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 30 09:33:56 MST 2013

Oh god no, a tire thread, but it is Friday, and times change don't they volks...

Michael, I'm running Nokian Hakka C2s year round, stock size, which is the best tire choice I've ever made (inadvertently they were cheap when a local Vanagon guy upgraded to 15" after running them 1 winter only.)  I got the C2s which I destudded and some micro-sipe Hakkas that I left as snows.  The C2s have ended up a spectactular year round, all conditions tire, so much better than any current Conti or the terrible Agillis it is incredible.  I like them better even than the XZX which I thought would always be the best all around bus tire ever made.  I'm not sure how they will wear long term, as they are still an all conditions tire, but the grip is superb, and road noise is trivial (without studs that is 8-)

I will say in sunshine states nothing wrong with the ole budget leader the Yoko Y356 as long as you don't venture into the snow or far off pavement.  I think it is every bit as good (even in the wet) as the Agillis.  And it is still dirt cheap for a quality tire, $90 in the C-loader which is just fine for a bus.

The rub with the Hakka C2 , apparently in 185R14 (or 195R which they also made) I think they are recently NLA in the US at least, and were probably over $160 each new.  They are probably still sitting around NOS in some market areas, which doesn't (age) scare me a bit though YMMV.

John