[T2] Plea from Spencer's home for battered Bugs

Joe Priestley joepriestley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 07:12:18 MST 2013

For anyone in the Midwest needing parts, you've surely heard of Spencer's.
Jeff Spencer is a huge part of the community and is about to close if he
doesn't get some business ASAP.  He's located in Dixon, IL.

  If you need any Type-2, bug, or other VW items, please help Jeff out so
he can keep the doors open.  I'm making a trip tomorrow looking for some
things I need.  He posted this on Facebook this morning-

To all of my f/b friends & family out here today, I'm lodging a plea for
some help here. I am thankfully very busy, but do not know if I am going to
win the good race in time. After going into the hospital 4 times last yr.,
and 2 prior years of flat line business out here, I've found myself in a
desperate struggle for survival.
While battling some insane medical debt, and paying it off diligently, and
now back at work, and working 20/7, I no longer feel that I am going to
make it.
I need to come up w/about $10,000.00 by Oct. for outstanding property taxes
on my place here, or I will surely loose it, and nothing will ever be the
same again.
So to all of those who need parts or service of any sort, now is the time,
and to any and all "Good Samaritans" out there, please step up to the plate
and help me out if U can, as no good deed will ever go unrewarded.
Again, my beg and my plea to all of U out here, Please help to save the
Battered Bug!
Thank U all in advance, and I am doing all that I can to insure that I will
be here again for U all tomorrow.