[T2] Most famous movie (VW) Bus ?

Michael Henry maestromh at comcast.net
Wed Aug 21 17:12:25 MST 2013

On Aug 21, 2013, at 12:00 PM, type2-request at type2.com wrote:

I've always loved the bus that appears in "The Quartermass Experiment" (1955).

Scroll down a bit for some pictures here:

http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/reply/945105/Re-The-Quatermass-Xperiment-1955#.UhVI1m38k8A

Most interesting is that when they arrive in the bus at the rocket ship crash site, they open up the rear engine door to reveal what is supposed to be a short wave radio inside. A radio that just happens to look an awful lot like a VW engine with a few knobs and gauges added to it. Of course you might ask if the rear engine compartment held a radio, where didi they put the engine? But most folks, particularly in Britain had not seen a VW bus before, so it was a cheap way for them to make it look hi-tech.

-MH
76 Transporter