[T2] warning: fuel pump minutiae

Jack Dinan jdinan at cox.net
Wed Aug 21 10:22:48 MST 2013

I'm running a stock fuel pump on a 1776 with dual Kadrons.

I measured the fuel pressure at the output of the pump and got 7psi.
Stock value is between 3 and 5.
The target value for these carbs is 2.

To try to understand this, I began measuring the length of the push
rod, the stroke of the push rod, and the inset of the fuel pump lever
from the flange.

I get a value of 4.3mm for the stroke. I read on a previous posting
that the stock value is 4mm.

I'm stumped. How can a stock value for stroke lead to a pressure
value almost twice the spec value?

Without resorting to a regulator, how can I reduce the pressure?
Adding gaskets below the pump will only pull the rod away so it does
not even touch the lever at the bottom of its stroke.