[T2] How to get '76 passenger seat out?

Mike manikmike at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:54:49 MST 2013

Hi LJ,

If it's anything like mine, it will not be in rails, but kind of leveraged
into two brackets on the floor, and that center one you spotted on the
highback. If you grab the front center of the bottom of the seat and lift
it up, and then out, you should be able to see the brackets that hold the
bottom in, towards the rear of the bottom of the seat, a few inches from
the back edge of the bottom cushion. Then the top/ back attachment of the
seat should then be able to be lifted out - or maybe it slides out from the
bottom of that center bracket, it's been a while. I can send some pics of a
seat removed if it will help. Mike

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM, LJ Evans <ljevans01 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to put on some admittedly cheapo seat covers so I can drive
> Fiona to a gathering of folks in an antique car club this evening but I
> can't slide the seat cover over the passenger seat. It looks like the top
> part of the seat is hooked onto the solid back behind the seat. Is there a
> trick to this? The bottom part of the seat will lift up, but it doesn't
> have a lever for adjusting like the driver's seat does. I've already
> figured out how to get the driver's seat out -- easy peasy! But not the
> passenger seat. Ack! Suggestions?
>
> thanks much,
>       LJ
>
> '76 Riviera "Fiona"

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled
as good as bacon.