[T2] '76 bay misfires, sometimes stalls: why?

Mike manikmike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 06:02:58 MST 2013

Hi,

I had some slight missing recently after my rebuild that seemed to be tied
to a poorly seated injector seal into the intake rail.  On a side note, for
pinching fuel lines, some rubber hose slipped over the jaws of small,
long-nosed vise-grip pliers works well.

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM, <accessys at smart.net> wrote:

> Don't forget 76 is fuel injected and has TWO fuel lines one on each side
> of the van.
>
> I just said the heck with it and have fuel shut offs.  previously manual,
> now electric.   no ignition switch on, no fuel period.  (paranoid of fire)
>
> YMMV of course
>
> Bob
>
>  From: Andy McKinley <airhedz at gmail.com>
>>

>  There is a tool available that is essentially a pair of vice grips with a
>> long flat jaw parallel to the handle. Harbor Freight has them for less
>> than
>> ten bucks. They're designed to flatten the fuel line, kinda like stepping
>> on the garden hose while your kid bro is washing the car, except they work
>> 100%.

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled
as good as bacon.