[T2] '76 bay misfires, sometimes stalls: why?

Mike Benthin muts at verizon.net
Wed Aug 7 17:09:25 MST 2013

We have had a blocked tank and poor connections and a bad ECU-
Usually blocked fuel filter (or blocked tank opening) makes pump labor;
you can hear it cavitating if you listen next to it.  Symptom is more
like no power/hesitation when you give it throttle.  When we had missing
in daughter's bus, it's more like someone intermittantly yanking a wire;
turned out to be connector to the double relay (proved it by wiggling
the connector; you could hear bus miss- Used a fine dremyl tip to clean
the brass connector insides and the spade ends, and also used fine
needlenose pliers to tighten the connector "grip"s.
A lack of starting in her bus was troubleshooted for everything until
the tests on the "brain" showed a bad value between 2 terminals- another
brain (75 bus is rarer) worked.

MUTS Oboe/EH support = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper