My very first car: a 1978 Kombi. It used to be Taiga Green which I hated, so
I turned it into this type of green by simply using a 'roller' and metal-paint. The paint turned out not
to be such a god idea when you decide you want to remove it again.
Since I bought the 6-UP, it has been upgraded several times. First it got new cabin doors plus a new rear hatch.
But then the real upgrading started by adding the following items:
- rear window defroster
- original VW 3-point seatbelts
- blower to boost the hot airflow while waiting for traffic lights
- ventilation windows in passenger compartment
- fresh air pipes to passenger compartment
- mum-made curtains
- Westfalia trailer-hitch
- Westfalia SO-67 interior from 1969
- rear fog lamp to warn car-drivers in rear for 6-UP not being elephant
(used to have the "leaking exhaust option" for that purpose)
Unfortunately I can't drive it anymore. It has soo many spots where it needs welding to pass inspections,
I decided to concentrate on my other vehicles until I have money to get some professional equipment to
finish the job. Looking at the quality of the bus it should actually be junked, but I got attached to it
after all those years that I do not want to part with it. So now it's resting somewhere in a dusty
barn in the north.